As we look hopefully to a future where we can return to more in-person activities, Oshawa Psychotherapy Training Institute is working on an exciting new workshop series and format for January 2022.
While we are currently not offering workshops for Fall 2021, please stay tuned for details of our upcoming events by submitting your email in this box and becoming part of our email list.
If you would like to make a suggestion on future topics or have a question, please email us by clicking here.
If there is a particular workshop that your group or organization is interested in and you have 10 or more participants that are able to attend, please reach out to us for more information about our custom programs by emailing email@example.com.
Approved training workshops by the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA)
Mental health practitioners are challenged every day to incorporate the most recent and relevant research into their practices. Our short courses and workshops to help you to update your skills and knowledge, and learn from the most experienced clinicians.
Course and Workshop topics include
- Couple and family therapy
- Safe and effective use of self
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Mindfulness Practice
- Assessment and Treatment of Suicidal Behavior
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Sex Therapy
Why train with us?
Training courses are offered on Fridays and Saturdays at the Oshawa location:
- PTSD treatment
- Couple Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Therapeutic Interventions with Children and Families in High Conflict Separation/Divorce Situations
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Emotional-Focused Therapy – Working with Individuals
- Sex Therapy
- Social Skills Training (Strategies and Skills Learning & Development Model) Psychotherapy Training : Essential Skills and Beyond