Prerequisites: Couple Therapy Part 1 or equivalent
This two-day course will present essential skills in couple therapy. Participants will learn how to implement strategies using role play and small group practice.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Working with mildly distressed couples – clinical issues in assessment, case formulation, and intervention
- Working with moderately distressed couples – clinical issues in assessment, case formulation, and intervention
- Working with severely distressed couples – clinical issues in assessment, formulation and intervention
- Assessment and treatment for relational disorders and mental health issues
- Self care and being an effective couple therapist
The larger context of power, gender, culture, class, and sexual orientation will be considered. Learning is a collaborative and participatory process. The goal of the course is to foster a safe and stimulating learning environment that welcomes multiple perspectives and experiences.
About The Presenter
Dr. Ken KwanPh.D., CCFT, C.Psych. Executive Director Chief Psychologist/Instructor
Dr. Kenneth Kwan, Ph.D., CCFT, C.Psych. is the Founder and Executive Director/Chief Psychologist of Oshawa Psychological & Counselling Services, Woodbine Psychological & Counselling Services, and Oshawa Psychotherapy Training Institute. He is a registered psychologist in clinical and counselling psychology, a registered marriage and family therapist,... Read More