The goal of couple therapy is to address the conflicts and distress that arise in this context of an intimate relationship. This two-day course will provide an overview of couple therapy and its clinical applications using an integrative approach.
Participants will learn:
- Current theories and research in couple therapy
- Clinical applications of couple therapy
- Adult attachment and relationship development processes in couple relationships
- Communication process and the interaction cycle
- Common issues of distress in couple relationships
- Assessment strategies and tools in couple therapy
- Core therapeutic strategies in couple therapy
About The Presenter
Dr. Ken KwanPh.D., CCFT, C.Psych. Executive Director Chief Psychologist/Instructor
Dr. Kenneth Kwan, Ph.D., CCFT, C.Psych. is the Founder and Executive Director/Chief Psychologist of Oshawa Psychological & Counselling Services, Woodbine Psychological & Counselling Services, and Oshawa Psychotherapy Training Institute. He is a registered psychologist in clinical and counselling psychology, a registered marriage and family therapist,... Read More
Essentials of Couple TherapyPresented by: Dr. Ken Kwan, Ph.D., CCFT, C.Psych. Friday June 4, 2021 (9 am - 5 pm)Saturday June 5, 2021 (9 am - 5 pm) Regular $394.37 ($349 + HST) Early Bird * $371.77 ($329 + HST) Group Rate ** $383.07 ($339 + HST) Student Rate *** $276.85 ($245 + HST)
Note: All prices are in Canadian dollars and include HST (13%).
*To receive the Early Bird rate, you must register for the workshop one month prior to workshop.
**Group rate applies to single registration via mail or fax of three of more individuals; online registration not available for this rate.
*** To Receive the student rate, you must provide a photocopy of your student ID after registering online.