Prerequisite: This course is designed for participants with prior knowledge and clinical experience in relationship therapy (couple and family therapy).
This advanced program is intended for participants who are interested in pursing clinical practice in sex therapy. This course provides an in-depth look at sexual dysfunction and related treatments including behavioural and relationship interventions. Areas of primary focus include:
- Clinical knowledge of sexual dysfunctions specific to desire, arousal, orgasm and pain disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexual dysfunctions
- Why it is important to understand aspects of your clients’ sexual concerns
- How common sexual concerns are for both men and women
- Medical aspects of sexual dysfunction
- Integrating medical therapies with sex therapy
- What is Sex Therapy?
- Basics of taking a Sexual History with Individuals and/or Couples.
- Interviewing couples with sexual concerns
- Outline of therapeutic approaches to sexual dysfunctions